The awkward situation reflections went well. At least it felt like it went well. Probably because it feels good to think back about what COULD have been done in an ideal interaction. maybe I'll be able to get something out if them.
Awk 1
Presentation. I basically recited directly from the slides. This lead to the audience ignoring me in the discussion section because I looked like I don't know/care what I'm doing.
better next time? prepare for the presentation. speak up and answer questions. be louder
Awk 2
Ran into a friend between classes. It was awkward because we haven't hung out or attempted to hang out since last semester. Kind of like a silent break up, but with friends. We made small talk and I gave a goofy goodbye, forgetting that she is a serious person.
better next time? state the obvious. "it's been a while; I guess we've been busy"
Awk 3
At a restaurant I ran into some colleagues while I was also on a date with Nancy. Initially I started talking to them and Nancy walked a few feet away. Then I said "Hey guys you should meet Nancy". They introduced themselves but then the conversation fell super flat...silence....
better next time? give some context "meet my date Nancy"or something...anything
Goals this week
-speak louder
I noticed in recordings of my voice (for research project) I seem to be too softspoken
-give context
-keep recording awk situations and reflecting
No comments:
Post a Comment