Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

thoughts on communication

Since I'm tracking it, I might as well think about what it is.

Communication is a two way street.  You can't really communicate if you don't listen, and you can't communicate if you don't speak honestly. 

Good listening covers: empathy, patience, and understanding

Good speaking covers: honesty, vulnerability, and (too a degree) courage

I think this will be good for me.  Passion was too self-centered and inwardly focused on its own, so communication will balance things nicely.




It still feels like I'm talking to myself here, so I promise to take the first person to comment here out for coffee in bloomington. $$$$$$$$$

2 comments:

  1. what about communicating through gestures?? *throws hands in the air* *waves hands around* *makes a big question mark out of hands* *shrugs* *smiles and waves hello*


    gimme coffee :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good stuff! sorry I didn't see this for so long. pm me at jordanjalles@gmail.com and we'll get that coffee :)

      Delete